Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A good online ESL level test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Assessment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trebor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: A good online ESL level test Reply with quote

Dear all

Do you know of any good online ESL level tests? I'm looking for several options for my college in Colombia.

I have tried the level test at www.englishmaze.com . I like this test a lot due to its interactive nature and the fact that General English and Business English students have their own separate test. My students also liked the test.

But I need a few other options - ie, online tests provided by other sites as well. The English Maze test is excellent, but it doesn't for example test academic English or ESP.

Any feedback/ideas would be welcome.

Regards
bobs12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi trebor,

I think online ESP tests would be pretty hard to come by. Is there any specific reason that you're looking for an online test? I'm guessing you want to cut down on marking time Wink

I'm working on an online testing system that would allow teachers to customise and save their own tests, create random tests from a bank of answers, narrow down the level or specify the type of grammar/vocabulary etc.

It's a long way from finished, I'm really just putting together the specification at the moment, but if you have any ideas I'd like to hear them!

In the meantime, you could try MacMillan's site Reward site, or have you tried www.english-test.net?
trebor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob

Thanks for your thoughts. I have tried the MacMillan test, but I don't rate it as highly as the English Maze level test.

I'd be interested to see your test when you've finished it.

Keep me posted

With best regards

Trebor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Assessment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: