Great tool. worldtalkradio.com

<b> Forum for the announcement of important TESL/TEFL items and events </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

David Temple

Great tool. worldtalkradio.com

Post by David Temple » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:06 pm

My students have been listening to worldtalkradio.com and really enjoy learning English and American culture at the same time. They can listen in at anytime since most shows are archived. I will be starting an English Salon on World Talk Radio and would appreciate any input.

joshua2004

Post by joshua2004 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:35 am

When I do listening activities with students, I provide a transcript of the program and let them listen to it at the same time they read the transcript, stopping when they don't understand and/or periodically to answer thier questions. If they are real low (beginners) I would use only a tiny tiny snip-it and just work on recognizing the words.

Keep up the good work.

David Temple

Post by David Temple » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:26 pm

Joshua,
You're right! My students are MBAs so most of them would understand better that a beginner. Having a transcript to follow is a great idea. I am developing my own show for World Talk Radio, something like an English Corner, and any ideas would be helpful. Thanks, David

strider

Post by strider » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:01 pm

Hi David Temple,

I visited the site and listened to a couple of programs - it's certainly a good resouce to exploit. Thanks for the reference.

Do you know if it is possible to download the programs?