English for Science and Technology (EST) courseware

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL computer software </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

iqma

English for Science and Technology (EST) courseware

Post by iqma » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:04 pm

Hello there,

This is especially for teachers who are teaching EST in Malaysian's secondary schools. I would like to have some opinions or suggestions about the kind of reading passages/ exercises/ tutorial materials that you think could help improving the teaching and learning of EST in the classroom.

Since EST covers a wide range of topic in Science and Technology, it might be helpful to have some views and suggestions from the teachers about this. Thanks.

peggy

Post by peggy » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:30 am

hello,
being a teacher of teaching some courses of civil English, I honestly think that you should know the specific teaching purpose when you prepare your lessons; you are facing the vocational school students or the students who share some common sense just not for a major.
Grasp some key lines closely related to your daily life; put the emphasis on the interested points of students; seek for the help of the other teachers who are teaching the same students with you; employ IT and other materials to form your own courseware.
hope my own experience will contribute a bit to your teaching.