Looking for Teachers Interested in ESL Software

<b> Forum for the announcement of important TESL/TEFL items and events </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

nk126

Looking for Teachers Interested in ESL Software

Post by nk126 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:04 pm

Hello. I'm new to the forums here -- my name is Noah and I'm a teacher in Oakland, CA. I'm actually a technology teacher, and have experience teaching writing (in English) as well as developing curriuclum and educational software.

I'm currently working on a project that may result in the development of some software for use by ESL teachers/students in both classroom and home settings.

I'm very interested to talk with current/former ESL teachers regarding your interest in such an application, your needs in the classroom (teaching aids, tools for students to use independently, automated assessment tools, etc), and also your experience with any software in your ESL teaching.

If you're willing to chat via email/IM and/or complete a research survey I've designed, I'd be very appreciative and interested to speak with you. I will, of course, keep any interested folks up to date on my progress with the project.

Please email me at nk at threebase dot com if you'd like to talk. This is NOT a sales pitch, scam, or any other sort of solicitation to get you to buy anything, I promise :-) This may one day turn into a commercial or otherwise funded product, but at this point it's just some research I'm doing.

Thanks!
Noah