Summer jobs- love them, or hate them?

<b> Forum for the announcement of important TESL/TEFL items and events </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Would you like to stay abroad for the summer months?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Maybe
No votes

Total votes: 2

seanaway

Summer jobs- love them, or hate them?

Post by seanaway » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:53 am

Hi all

My name's John and I've been involved in TEFL for the best part of 20 years (GULP!).

One of my earliest memories of TEFL was the annual migration back home for the 6-8 week stint teaching kids at various locations throughout Britain and Ireland.

Now I know it was fun most of the time but I hated packing everything up and heading away when what I would really have loved to do was say 'Well, that's another year's teaching done, time to relax on the beach!' and then do just that!!!

So, I've been spending some time lately looking at alternatives for TEFL teachers who feel they deserve an easier summer than the 'pack and go, only to pack and come back in three months' routine.

What I'd like to know is: Are there other teachers out there who feel the same and would like an option not to have to teach over the summer months?

Please take part in the poll and let me know if this is something worth reaching for.

If you'd like to know more, please email me at the address below. I'll reply in the near future to anyone interested .
I can be reached at
[email protected]

Looking forward to seeing if I'm just the odd one out. :)