i need some help!!!

<b> Forum for material writers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

dorothy gao

i need some help!!!

Post by dorothy gao » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:05 am

Hi, I am a postgraduate in a Chinese university. Now we have a project to assess the develpment in writing. All the students in our department (first year to fourth year) will be enrolled in this project. Since I am a new starter, i want to know if there is some similiar project that I can learn from. Most important of all, we have not reached an agreement on the testing topic. Our tutor prefer to let students to describe something familiar in our daily life (like how to make dumplings), but we don't know which topic is suitable? Any suggestion will be high appreciated! Our project will be due on Nov 3.

emile

Post by emile » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:30 am

Dorothy,

There is a separate forum for Assessment:

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/teacher/viewforum.php?f=4

Otherwise, I would suggest a 3-part test, for example, increasing in difficulty. The first part could be to write about themselves, followed by a targeted task based on what they have learned (process writing, such as how to make dumplings), and then a long essay.

You could use a modified version of the IELTS or ALTE marking scheme for your marking standards.

my site: www.roadtogrammar.com

dorothy gao

thanks

Post by dorothy gao » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:38 am

:D Thanks very much for your help! I would make another inquiry on the assessment forum. And I would like to discuss your advice with my tutor. Thanks again.