Pre-nursing ESP textbook

<b> Forum for the discussion of everything ESP </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Senket

Pre-nursing ESP textbook

Post by Senket » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:36 am

Hello, all.
I have been asked to develop an ESP course for the NNES students (possibly for first generation students as well) in the nursing pre-reqs at our college. I don't particularly want to re-invent any wheels, so I'm trying to find out if the wheel exists yet. Does anyone have textbook recommendations for me, either specifically for pre-med/nursing/medical English or general sciences English?
Thanks!

M.Hull

Basic English for Health Care Workers

Post by M.Hull » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:36 am

Oh, yes... I have just the course for you: "Basic English for Health Care Workers" is an excellent lead-in and/or compliment to nursing studies. Check the Products page on my website, www.nursingesl.com

Bye for now,
Melodie Hull
Nurse-Educator & Consultant
Canada

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:03 am

I have a new site with some materials for teachers posted. The disease state directors (discussion articles) are pretty basic but were designed to help medical professionals to be able to discuss in English using information they already know. It may be difficult for students who have covered those disease states but you can make that call.

There are some easier discussion article about different health care professionals.

Anyway, all the resources are free and over the next couple months I will be adding more and more.

www.hospitalenglish.com