Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Love for literature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hushui

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Love for literature Reply with quote

I'm an English major from China. I just found it strange that nowadays many people dislike literature. They think books are boring and they cannot calm down to read books writen in both English and Chinese. One reason may be that there are not many books worth reading recently. However, we are not that fond of literature any more. To be honest, I have little time to read books since I'm a senior. Is there anything we can do to rebuild our love towards literature? Rolling Eyes
delfinotenero

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: advices Reply with quote

hi....I'm an italian girl and my dream is to became an interpreter, I'd like to study English and Chinese, do you think is a good idea?I know that your language is very difficul, but it's full of charm and I like it........I also want to travel a lot and do you think I will have a good future? PLEASE give me some advices, next year I have to go to the university and I won't to do a wrog choose...........thank you by by
hushui

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Very Happy I'm really very happy that you are interested in Chinese. My advice for you is since Chineses is considered to be the most difficult language to learn in the world, you should be ready to suffer a lot in learning it. This language does not have gendre, tense, sex etc. Some people even thind it doesn't have grammar at all. All of these "grammar" are reflected in the meanings. And we have some odd collocations. However, after you pick up it, you will enjoy it.
By the way, our acient poetry is marvoulous, but it's a pity it loses itself in translation. If you can, enjoy those sounds and rhysms and see the English version.
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: