US Teacher to Exchange to Poland Wanted

<b> Forum for the announcement of important TESL/TEFL items and events </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

elizabeth callahan

US Teacher to Exchange to Poland Wanted

Post by elizabeth callahan » Tue May 23, 2006 2:35 am

Desiring an ESL teacher to exchange with a Polish high school English teacher for 2007-2008. Polish teacher has been selected twice by Fulbright-Poland, but failed to find a match in US. You must qualify as Fulbright Exchange teacher- minimum 3 years successful teaching in US. Application deadline Oct 15, 2006 to Fulbright. A "matched" exchange has advantages with more knowledge of partner, school, and location. YOu will receive your US pay plus receive a stipend of a Polish teacher's salary, Fulbright insurance and reimbursement for travel to and from Poland. College preparatory high school, highly motivated students, with lots of chances for extended travel in Europe. Life changing experience!

boliver

Poland exchange

Post by boliver » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:05 pm

I am an English teacher in Colorado. I live in Breckenridge, which is right smack in the middle of great skiing. Teaching and living here is wonderful, although the cost of living is quite high.

I currently am filling out the application with Fulbright; funny, one of my top choices was Poland. I teach the Diploma Programme, which requires the reading of international texts. I also teach American Literature and British Literature. In December of 2006, I will obtain my Master's Degree in Liberal Studies with a concentration in English. I was hoping to be placed at a two year college or a high school. My husband is also a teacher with a Master's Degree in Education. He teaches business and computers, but could teach any subject area. He, too, is looking for a position. We were hoping to both be placed for the 2007-2008 school year.

Please reply as I am intrigued by teaching internationally, and would like to keep in contact with you.

:D