new pronunciation service - linguagum.com

<b>Forum for ideas on how to teach pronunciation </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

billblakeman

new pronunciation service - linguagum.com

Post by billblakeman » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:21 pm

Hello

I’m an ESL teacher in the USA and a friend emailed me something interesting today which is happening for ESL students (he asked me to pass it on – couldn’t think of a better way of doing it than this!) It’s a new website called www.linguagum.com which sends students a sentence every day in their email. The email has a link to the website and you then download the day’s sentence – you can listen to it on your computer or put it on your iPod. This way you get to practice English in bite-sized chunks every day to improve vocab and pronunciation. I think it’s a good idea because, as the site says, you don’t have to make time to study – you can practice the sentence of the day anywhere at any time if you have an MP3 player. I signed up to see what it was all about and it looks pretty interesting. The quality is good and it’s FREE at the moment. Apparently they are going to start charging for it some time in the future but according to the site it’s going to be pretty cheap anyway - $1 a week, $3 a month or $30 a year. The site’s in English and Spanish at the moment but it would still work fine for speakers of any language. Anyway, I have done my good deed for the day letting you know about it… take a look and see what you think. bill blakeman :D

dyCavin

THX

Post by dyCavin » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:54 am

bill blakeman

Thanks for your help

dyCavin