Lesson plans and role playing activities - Tourism industry

<b> Forum for material writers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Louisa

Lesson plans and role playing activities - Tourism industry

Post by Louisa » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:45 pm

Hello, my name is Louisa and I am new to the esl cafe teachers forum. I am just about to embark on a new career as a TEFL teacher in the South of France near Aix en Provence. For my first class I have some Camping site managers who want to be able to communicate better with their foreign holiday makers. I am lacking in materials at the moment and wondered if anyone could tell me where I could obtain some lesson plans or role play activities relative to this industry. Many thanks :)

eslweb

Tourism resources

Post by eslweb » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:44 am

There's plenty of material out there. It sounds like they want general conversation, so they can talk to their guests and maybe some background on each of the countries. I tried using my search engine with the term "tourism" and plenty came back. Just go to: http://www.jamesabela.co.uk/ and use the search engine to the right. I am sure it will help, but you'll have to wade through it yourself.

James

P.S. I've noted that you'd like Tourism stuff and as and when I get a chance I'll update my site with those kind of resources. In the meantime take a look at the business section, some of it could be handy.