recommend:Warriner's English Grammar and Composition

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL textbooks </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

sbbarker11

recommend:Warriner's English Grammar and Composition

Post by sbbarker11 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:58 am

Hello,

Thankyou for clicking on my post. Brace yourself, I have lots of questions. :)

Now this series, Warriner's English Grammar and Composition, has many editions, publications, etc. -- (A) Has anyone used this textbook or its series of texts in the same publication year? How about a recommendation for which year/edition to use?

I read somewhere that the 1965 publication is the best. The older editions appear to be a bit more comprehensive than the newer ones, especially compared to most highschool grammar/reference books written and published in the 90's to 00's.

--(B) Also, has anyone used the 1980's version of this series?

I was told that all the numbers for the books of the Warriner's series correspond to the grade level that they should be used with, but that you probably do not need to buy the complete series because each book is a rehash of the same teaching material. - (C) - Does anyone know if that's true?

(D) Does anyone know what the difference is between the older series and this text, "Warriner's High School Handbook" published in 1992?

(E) Do the 1960's and the 1980's versions contain excercises with answers in the back for every problem, or do you have to find the workbook/teacher's manual that goes along with the Warriner's text that you buy?

Any help would be great and sorry for the cheesy alphabet questionarre. Also, if you don't know all of the answers, please still post any info you might be able to pass along.

Any help would be great and thanks everyone!