Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Books on speaking material

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Texts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jools230575

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Books on speaking material Reply with quote

Hi there

I have been teaching for the sum total of 10 days in a language school.

My day consists of two lessons. The first lesson is taught from a coursebook, the second is more freer and this I try to make a conversational lesson.

Can anyone recommend some good books that have pre-prepared lessons in them?

So far I have been using lessons from www.onestopenglish.com (these have been great and if anyone knows of a site like this with more free lessons please feel free to share:), plus some of the Cambridge Handbooks like Keep Talking, Discussions That Work, Games For Language Learning, Language Activities for Teenagers and Stories.

Are there any more books out there like the Cambridge handbooks that are worth investing in?

Does anyone have anymore links to a free lesson plans like those on onestopenglish.com?

And lastly, there is a Cambridge handbook that I keep looking at on their website that looks as though it could hold some nice material called Ways Of Doing. Is anyone familiar with this book and is it any good?

Thanks for help on any of the above Very Happy

Jools
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Texts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: