Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

glove puppets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Preschool Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EFLwithlittleones

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: glove puppets Reply with quote

I'm surprised I don't see more postings about the use of glove puppets as teaching aids. Admittedly my students are older (kindergarten) but I've used puppets in an English speaking nursery setting before and found the younger children to be just as interested.

If you haven't used a glove puppet before then practice with one at home first so you can find a voice for it and a basic character. It's surprising how quickly the puppet when used on a daily basis develops it's own personality. The one I use now is a rather empty headed dalmation puppy glove puppet called Judidog who gets most things wrong, stutters, cries easily and wouldn't say boo to a goose. The children love her and are always keen to correct her mistakes (sic).

She is used for checking written language forms with the children on the w/b and simple stories with storyboards; Judidog At The Beach' where she finds an enormous yellow crab (made from 2 pieces of card stapled together and stuffed with newspaper) which chases her along the sand; 'Judidog Flies A Kite; 'Judidog At the Market'; 'Judidog Finds A Balloon'. You can see the styling: Once you've got your puppet named you can start spinning off simple story titles and select the language to go with it. Make the props and you're away...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Preschool Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: