Accreditation by ACCET other???? TESOL Certificate?

<b> Forum for the announcement of important TESL/TEFL items and events </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

sbbarker11

Accreditation by ACCET other???? TESOL Certificate?

Post by sbbarker11 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:04 pm

Hello,

Any info on Accreditation for TESOL Certificates would be great...read on:

Well, it appears that I've run into several websites that warn you of the myriad of TESOL programs eager to run away with your cash, and who lack the proper credentials to actually teach customers properly--ie, a waste of money.

I also hear that some TESOL programs start accreditation programs so that they can accredit themselves, looking more legit in the process. YIKES!!

---I know that a real University/College program is the most legit and offer TESOL course work as a transferable unit for an M.A.

Has anyone heard of the ACCET accreditation? Is this a legit accreditation program? Are they regulated by a governmental agency?

Also, how can you find a decent TESOL Certificate with a legit Accreditation? How do you know if it's legit, too? Is a TESOL Certificate Accreditation a joke? Or what are the best/real Accreditation programs?

THANKS EVERYONE.

myi-to-i

Post by myi-to-i » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:59 am

Hi there,

My name is Ruth and I am from i-to-i which is a volunteering organisation that offers accredited TEFL courses. The TEFL courses have been accredited by ODLQC (Open and Distance Learning Quality Council) and SQMS (Scottish Quality Management Systems). The ODLQC was set up by the UK government to monitor the quality of open and distance learning courses. SQMS recognise organisations that have top quality products and services. All the courses also provide an internationally recognised certificate.

Hope that helps!

Ruth