Warning to those considering Global TESOL College USA

<b> Forum for the announcement of important TESL/TEFL items and events </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

dxbogard

Warning to those considering Global TESOL College USA

Post by dxbogard » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:03 am

This is a warning to anyone considering taking a course with Global TESOL USA. I have had nothing but problems with them and in particular, Bryan Whitman, the San Diego Campus Director. He is all promises and no service. He is like a high-pressure salesman until he gets his money. Once he has your tuition, don't expect to hear from him again. I never received my TESOL certificate or a refund. I am working in Korea now and until I make it back to the States, I have little recourse except to warn others and file complaints with the Better Business Bureau. Also, never give him a credit card number. He has no aversion to charging it without authorization or notification.

I do not want to slander the entire Global TESOL organization. In fact the main office in Canada seems to be sympathetic to my plight, but they must be unable or unwilling to put pressure on or influence their franchisees. The other branch campuses may be entirely legit. All I have is my experience with Bryan and the San Diego chapter.

Vin

Post by Vin » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:54 pm

Wow! that's really unfortunate because I went through Global TESOL in Brisbane Australia and they have been WONDERFUL to me!!! I think that they have now broken away from the Global TESOL name and under ATA (Australian Training Academy) I really hope things work out for you cos that really does suck and as I understand it, the courses aren't all that cheap either.