Improving Pronunciation Of Primary School Pupils

<b>Forum for ideas on how to teach pronunciation </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

AnnaK

Improving Pronunciation Of Primary School Pupils

Post by AnnaK » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:47 pm

Hello, my name is Anna;

I am writing a thesis: Improving Pronunciation Of Primary School Pupils. Could you give me links, maybe ebooks or any other resources to help me with my thesis.

Thanks!

Josie

To Anna

Post by Josie » Sat May 05, 2007 7:18 pm

Hello Anna,

I am Josie, a retired teacher. I have made something which is already proving of great value to ESL students (and also to children learning to read). Please read what I have put in the section on READ, LISTEN AND PRONOUNCE in the "Pronunciation" section of this forum, and please do go to my website and read my special notice. I have written 220 new poems, with my own English voice recording attached to the poems. As I have said, rhyming words in English are often spelled differently, and when a student can hear words which are pronounced the same but spelled differently and see them at the same time, it helps their English tremendously. Also, English children learn our language from rhyming poems, and the rhyming helps them to remember words. I do not think there is another website on the whole internet which provides such excellent material to help students, and I have had letters from ESL students thanking my husband and myself for making it. Please go and see and then recommend it to other teachers when you meet them. I don't make any money from my poems, but over a year's hard work has, I hope, left something of myself which will help students and pupils for years to come - even when I can no longer teach them any more.

My best wishes to you on your teaching career. I have absolutely loved mine. Josie