Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best places to teach Business English abroad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Business English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danfournier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Best places to teach Business English abroad? Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I was wondering if some of you know of (or can recommend) good places to teach "Business English" abroad? I am currently a professor teaching business studies in a college in Canada. I am considering expanding my horizons by sharing my business background with motivated students (late high-school/pre-university, college/university, adults, or corporate sector) who want to learn English but more specifically Business English. I have a strong preference for China (especially in the Guangdong province or southern China) or Costa Rica but am open to other places.

And can you tell me what the going salary, benefits, and conditions are for such "Business English" positions?

Are there any ESL portals (besides this one of course) that deals specifically with "Business English" (especially for China & Costa Rica or Latin/Central/South America)?

Any input or feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all you kind folks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
markkarina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Waiting to read Reply with quote

These are pretty much the same questions I was going to ask but thought I would wait for a response to this thread. Can someone provide some experienced input?

Thanks in advance
Sally Olsen

Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to visit the embassies of different countries as they often have professional programs for professionals. Your pay will be better and all the arrangements more settled.

You might want to check out the job forum on Dave's though for more detailed comments on each country.
markkarina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the answer seems so simple but you can't see it. That'a a very good idea Sally and thanks for the second time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Business English All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: