how to make the student become interested in YAL?

Forum for teachers/tutors to find and suggest worthy works and materials

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

ljmkf

how to make the student become interested in YAL?

Post by ljmkf » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:07 am

Hello everyone! I am a future EFL teacher and my major is young adult literature. After graduation I will teach young adult literature. However, I have no idea about how to teach it. In what way i will make the student become interested in this course? :) :) :)

Amy lee

How to make students become interested in YAL

Post by Amy lee » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:20 am

I'm not only a teacher but also a student now. I major in English in The Capital Normal University. I am learning this course at school. Our teacher demands us:
(1) Classify the topic: such as---Young love , Coming of age , Generation gap and so on.
(2)Before the class ,we need to read several experts on the book.
(3) Write a journal each time befor the class.
(4) In my class. we should discussion with my group members about the topic, every student need to talk about it and we can communicate with each other .
(5) Presentation. The teacher asks one student in one group to present in front all the students.
(6) Sometimes teachers anylizes the experts in class.
(7) Teacher teach us some methods about how to teach novel at primary or junior high school .
(8) Teacher often arranges homework to every group. We should complete it by groups.
For example: To make a Vocabulary folder .
To make a PPT to present a story you like .
To write an essay about learning.
In a word, I like this course . I can learn more knowledge about the literature. It can broaden my mind and teach me some strategies about teaching novels. I hope to help you .