How to make use of authentic materials?

<b> Forum on how to use video in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

lydia2008

How to make use of authentic materials?

Post by lydia2008 » Sat May 05, 2007 9:00 am

Hi, everyone!
Authentic matierials are highly recommended in the listening classroom especially under the communicative language teaching principles. Vedio activities like watching the movie and listening to the song are welcomed by the students. But authentic materials like these are usually not easy for learners to understand.
:?: So I'm looking for the answers of how to make use of authentic materials in the listening classroom. Thank you very much!

eslweb

Using Authentic programs

Post by eslweb » Fri May 11, 2007 12:23 am

You can find lots of ideas on my TV page. http://www.jamesabela.co.uk/intermediate/TV.html

I hope it helps.

James

lydia2008

Post by lydia2008 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:00 am

Hi dear James,
Thank you very much for your reply! The website is really a great information resource fot Enghlish language teaching!
I've got a hint from your website about what type of authentic materials are appropriate for the selection in the classroom. The detailed teaching steps and specific activities are very helpful for new teachers like me.
The list of new words, main charaters and plot summary gives a teacher better control of the difficulty level of a movie.
Thank you again for your great resource, and I expect for more good websites from you and other good friends! :D
Best wishes for you from Beijing, China!
Lydia