Best places to teach Business English abroad?

<b> Forum for those teaching business English </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

danfournier

Best places to teach Business English abroad?

Post by danfournier » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:56 pm

Hi folks,

I was wondering if some of you know of (or can recommend) good places to teach "Business English" abroad? I am currently a professor teaching business studies in a college in Canada. I am considering expanding my horizons by sharing my business background with motivated students (late high-school/pre-university, college/university, adults, or corporate sector) who want to learn English but more specifically Business English. I have a strong preference for China (especially in the Guangdong province or southern China) or Costa Rica but am open to other places.

And can you tell me what the going salary, benefits, and conditions are for such "Business English" positions?

Are there any ESL portals (besides this one of course) that deals specifically with "Business English" (especially for China & Costa Rica or Latin/Central/South America)?

Any input or feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all you kind folks!

markkarina

Waiting to read

Post by markkarina » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:47 pm

These are pretty much the same questions I was going to ask but thought I would wait for a response to this thread. Can someone provide some experienced input?

Thanks in advance

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:54 pm

You might want to visit the embassies of different countries as they often have professional programs for professionals. Your pay will be better and all the arrangements more settled.

You might want to check out the job forum on Dave's though for more detailed comments on each country.

markkarina

Post by markkarina » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:31 pm

Sometimes the answer seems so simple but you can't see it. That'a a very good idea Sally and thanks for the second time.