What are the best TESL sites for employers?

<b> Forum for the announcement of important TESL/TEFL items and events </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

dr_richardhauck

What are the best TESL sites for employers?

Post by dr_richardhauck » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:00 pm

Dear Friends,

I have a friend who works in a university overseas where there is a position open for Head of the Intensive English Program. It is a wonderful university, one of the leading ones in the region. However, she and her colleagues believe that the Dean is making almost no effort to publicize the position because s/he is a friend of the current Chair, and the less candidates that apply, the more chance the Director has to keep the position (the only other explanation is that he is incompetent in this area--jobs from their department have come out on some sites but he has conveniently forgotten to list the Chair's position).

However, if my friend and her colleagues can spread the news about the job, and they get some really good candidates applying, I believe that they might have a good chance to get an excellent Director in there, since the Dean has to abide by their system which is fairly transparent; in addition, he is not the only one who has a say in the hiring.

We have been trying to spread the news about this position in as many places as possible, and a number of the people in the department have even chipped in and purchased an ad in one well known ESL site.

My question: Does anyone know of the best sites to adverstise in? It is known that Higher Ed Jobs, TESOL, and the Chronicle are the best, and they are considering putting down some money for these (does anyone know which of these three are the best?), but are there any others free or otherwise?

Thanks,

Richard

BradC

Post by BradC » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:03 pm

There are plenty of EFL teacher job sites (e.g., www.tefl.com), but since the job would probably require an advanced degree you should use the placement notices service from TESOL.org. However, they only send out announcements every few weeks, so if you are trying to find someone quickly this may not be the best option.