English Speaking persons wanted and not teachers

<b> Forum for the announcement of important TESL/TEFL items and events </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

pdutta102

English Speaking persons wanted and not teachers

Post by pdutta102 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:50 am

Regarding english teachers, some countries are looking for native englosh speaking persons rather than english teachers. I don't know what is the explanation behind this theory ? A student may be good in his study but that does not necessarily mean that the student can be a good teacher. Is it possible for a native english speaking person to be a good teacher ?? Does he/she knows the techniques and methods that are being applied in the Tesol Class room ??
It is a true fact that Indian accent is quite different from American accent. But I think that does not create any problem because many Indians are working in foreign countries, If Indian accent is not understandable then it would have been difficult for the Indians to work in foreign countries like China, Japan, Europe, America. So it may be concluded that Indian accent is understandable everywhere.

Let me introduce myself as a TESOL qualified ( from The American Tesol Institute, USA) english teacher from India. I am willing to teach english as a foreign language to the students of Asia, Africa, Europe. I am enthusiastic and adoptable with good social skill. I am a natural optimist and positive about new situation. I am dedicated to meeting the challenge of learning in order to become a highly capable educator of english as a second language. The students enjoy my teaching.
My contact e-mail: [email protected]

Please see my video( displaying my english speaking) at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Hkg1fFP4g

Eric18

Bias against non-native English speakers

Post by Eric18 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:01 am

You have identified a sad, yet pervasive, pattern in many languge schools. This bias, however, against non-native speakers seems to be lessening as schools focus on the communication needs of their ambitious students.

Good luck in your job hunt!

By the way, you will find free conversation materials - for advanced ESL/EFL students - on my website www.compellingconversations.com.

Shalom

Eric