Teaching ESL classes in Spain... Cost...

<b>Forum for teachers teaching adult education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Leah Rachel

Teaching ESL classes in Spain... Cost...

Post by Leah Rachel » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:00 pm

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to all of this so any help or advice I get from anyone I would absolutely love. I will also read the other posted topics. I am a college student majoring in Spanish Education. This summer I am going to be living in Spain with a host family working as an au pair. I will be talking with their two boys in English to help them learn the language better. I am not very worried about that, I think it will be fairly simple but, since the family can only employ me 25 hours a week I am going to try and find students who want to learn English. I have NO idea how much these lessons should cost. I am assuming the lessons will be one-on-one or one on two or three. I am sure that I will refer back to this site in regards to activities to do with them, but I am really wondering about cost. If anyone knows anything about that please let me know!! Thanks so much!! By the way this is a great site!
Leah

Tessa Olive

Post by Tessa Olive » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:01 am

I think the best thing to do is wait until you reach Spain. Check out the classifieds to see if there are ads. for private tuition with costs quoted. Or go to a language school and ask how much they charge. Or bale up an English teacher leaving the school and get some idea on prices from them. Good luck!