Which dances work best for your classes?

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

bradwelljackson

Which dances work best for your classes?

Post by bradwelljackson » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:59 am

Yea, I'm the same guy who posted the nursery rhyme query :roll:
Turns out I've got to do some dances as well. Don't you love it when you have to dance in order to entertain your students? :wink:
Actually, I don't mind, since I like my kids; however, I'd love to get some ideas. What dances have worked for you to really get your kids up and out of their seats? I'll be dealing with younger kids. In China.

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:45 pm

All the old favourites - Hokey Pokey, Sally Go Round the Sun, Go In and Out the Window, Farmer in the Dell, London Bridges, and the favourite - Ring Around the Rosy. They love the falling down. Oh, The Grand Old Duke of York, The Ants Came Marching. YMCA.
Last edited by Sally Olsen on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bradwelljackson

Post by bradwelljackson » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:28 am

Thank you, Sally : ) It's too bad that the only dances I know are Hokey Pokey and YMCA (Yea, I know, bloody Yanks :wink: )

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Most of them are on Youtube;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy8R3CpvGso
and lots more with Barney.
I love Raffi
tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF9xQu7O2Eg&feature=related