Business English Writing

<b> Forum for those teaching business English </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

meorbust

Business English Writing

Post by meorbust » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:31 am

Hello. I am trying to create a collection of Business English lessons for EFL for all levels (pre-intermediate, intermediate, and advanced) which focuses on writing, emails, memos, etc, etc. and which also may cover to a certain degree, some business vocabulary (but the main focus is writing). I would like to have maybe 20-30 lessons for each level.

Can anyone direct me towards any excellent books to buy, or websites where I can find what I am searching for? Feel free to PM. Thank you.

meorbust

one more note

Post by meorbust » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:47 am

I am teaching in the Middle East, so any books aimed at Arab culture would be outstanding, but of course, I can always alter lessons to fit my students. THANK YOU for any leads in the right direction!!!!!!!!!

Macavity

Post by Macavity » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:15 am

http://www.businessenglishonline.net/em ... sheets.htm

This might be something worth looking at. I use this coursebook with a couple of the companies I teach at and find it very good for intermediate/advanced students.

rinkrat27

business english books

Post by rinkrat27 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:36 pm

I have been using Market Leader and Business Class for my advanced students. I also supplement the advanced group with other case studies from business schools and college textbooks since some of my business students are at university level. I also use business magazines for discussion and research/writing topics. Business Week tends to be good for that.

Barnes and noble has a textbook site too and I have found some good things on that, usually the out of print stuff. Or if you are in the states for a bit, libraries have book sales and I have picked up things there for $1-$2. Hope this helps.....

eslweb

Welcome to my site

Post by eslweb » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:50 am

Have a look at the Business writing resources I have put together:
http://www.jamesabela.co.uk/bus/guidedwriting.html

I hope it helps.

James

hereinchina

I too use Market Leader

Post by hereinchina » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:07 pm

My students really enjoy Market Leader.