Joined: 26 Jan 2015
|Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:58 am Post subject: Free ESL Lesson Plan! Free books through exchange program!
|This project helps ESL teachers AND students. It is really simple. Here is the idea for the project:
• ESL teachers get a suitable children’s book in their students’ native language
• ESL teachers assign English translation of the book to their students.
• ESL teachers (students can help) put the translations into the original book. I got some clear plastic covers from Daiso (45 B6 size covers for 100 yen). I put the translations inside the cover and then I simply used clear tape to attach the cover along the top of the page.
• ESL teachers donate the book to other students. I have set up a facebook page for this.
• An alternative is to exchange the book with another class (and that class makes a book for your class). I have set up a facebook page for this.
I am calling this project “Translate to Donate”. I hope it can become a meaningful project in classrooms worldwide. I believe the idea is very simple for teachers to implement. But the potential impact is huge. This project encourages students to work together to create something meaningful.
I hope you try it in your class!!! You are welcome to go to the Facebook page to find another class to donate or exchange your book with. Please share your ideas and success stories, too. https://www.facebook.com/translatetodonate