"busines" dialogues

<b> Forum for those teaching business English </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Panpan

"busines" dialogues

Post by Panpan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:27 am

Hi everyone,

Practicing dialogues with the help of written dialogues is a good aspect to implement as part of your lesson. The written dialogues consolidate the students grammar structure of sentences and help to improve their reading skills. Good realistic dialogues give them a real insight into spoken in English.

But where can I get those dialogues. On the internet the free dialogues are only for beginners and intermediates. eslabout.com gives some but not enough and simple ones too. If I Google: ESL dialogues or EFL dialogues the useful amount is small scale.
Did I overlook a website. Are there substantial (in number and quality) website with dialogues for free?
Do you know any books with useful dialogues and substantial in number and quality.
Please let me know.

Pan

sbourque

Post by sbourque » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:46 am

Some of the Business English texts have cassettes/CDs for listening practice, and have the tapescripts at the back. Many of these can be used as dialogues. Check In Company, Market Leader, etc. for this. If you are in Shanghai, I recall there was a big bookstore that had some Business English texts--they were sold separately from the cassettes/CDs (which in some cases, were missing altogether!)

Go to Amazon.com and see what they have under "Business English" texts. You can usually check to see if there are tapes/CDs provided. Another suggestion is to check the different Web sites for movie scripts, and see if there are scripts from business-related movies--In Good Company, Working Girl, Other People's Money, Wall Street, Trading Places, probably lots of others. Again, you could probably pick up DVDs of these cheaply, which would add a nice component to the lesson.