penpal project

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

yavuz

penpal project

Post by yavuz » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Dear my colleagues,

I am an ESL teacher at a high school in Turkey. I would like my students to have penfriends and to improve their English writing skills by corresponding with the other schoolchildren and also learn about other cultures all over the world. I have got 50 students aged 15-17.Their English level is low intermediate and they are all eager to have a penfriend.If you want ,I can help you with the e-mail or snail mail exchange letters project.Hope to hear from you.

Many greetings from Turkey...

Yavuz

PikiFriends

Post by PikiFriends » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:10 am

Hi Yavuz,

I've created a free online community site for jr/sr high schools that might be perfect for your students. I'm teaching in Tokyo, and my Japanese students are using it now. We just released the program a few weeks ago and we're looking for international connections.

The program is called PikiFriends (www.pikifriends.net). If you are interested in more information, please refer to the FAQ and How to Use guide here:
http://idisk.mac.com/jeffreydionne-Public?view=web

I hope our students can connect - my students probably don't know anything about Turkey, it would be lots of fun to learn!

Jeff Dionne

chofroggy

Re: penpal project

Post by chofroggy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:41 am

HI, I teach English in high school in Pusan, South Korea. I am interested in your project. About 10 Korean male high school students can participate in your project, I think. I'll wait your reply.

PikiFriends

Post by PikiFriends » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:50 am

Hi chofroggy,

Glad to hear you're interested! If you'd like to join, please contact me via the email of my account here, or use the contact link on www.pikifriends.net.

If you can provide your full name, your personal school email address, school name, and school URL then I can verify you and make an account for you right away. If you don't have all of those things, let me know and we'll find another way. After that, I'll just need your 10 student names and our students can start communicating.

Did you have a chance to check the link in my previous post for the FAQ and user guide? If not, it may be a good idea to check them out.
http://idisk.mac.com/jeffreydionne-Public?view=web

Also, here's a link that might give you some teaching ideas for Piki.
http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/PikiFriends

Looking forward to hearing from you.

PikiFriends

PikiFriends has updated

Post by PikiFriends » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:26 am

We're cruising now, the interface is working very smoothly and schools are connecting. The feedback so far has been fantastic. If you're a secondary school teacher, please take a look!
www.pikifriends.net
Click the "HELP" link for the FAQ and user guide.