PikiFriends, a new, free online keypal tool for jr/sr high

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

PikiFriends

PikiFriends, a new, free online keypal tool for jr/sr high

Post by PikiFriends » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:40 am

For secondary school teachers looking to connect their students to others, please consider PikiFriends.

I'm a native English teacher in Tokyo, and I've spent the last 4-5 years developing PikiFriends. What is it?

It is a very unique online social network specifically made for the needs of secondary school EFL/ESL programs, and also serves as a great cross-cultural learning tool for native English speaking students. It was built from scratch over a long period of time, and the beta version was released in my school a few weeks ago. I teach in a private jr/sr high school, and we've got over 250 students and teachers using it now, and everyone's very excited to see other students and teachers from other schools all over the world join us.

The site is here:
www.pikifriends.net
2 pdf files (FAQ and How to Use PikiFriends) are here:
http://idisk.mac.com/jeffreydionne-Public?view=web

Please look it over, the 2 files should address any questions you may have. I hope to see my students and your secondary school students connecting and using English authentically and enjoyably!

Happy Teaching,
Jeff Dionne