Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I create my own web page for my students?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr.sh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: How do I create my own web page for my students? Reply with quote

Does any one know of a reputable website that will allow me to create my own site? I'd like to be able to post homework, notes, schedules, etc. and would want my students to be able to easily navigate the site. I'm not too savvy when it comes to creating web pages and adding links, so a site that is user friendly would be very helpful. Thanks for the assitance.
PikiFriends

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: weebly Reply with quote

I haven't tried it but Weebly looks very easy to use. They just opened an education area:
http://education.weebly.com/
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also try a blog. I use edublogs (there is a small fee for no advertisements). Here is mine: http://lorikeet3.edublogs.org
PikiFriends

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: another one you could try Reply with quote

is www.edu20.org

I've never tried it though.
PikiFriends

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend TR Workbench. I've spoken with the creator, and am very impressed with not only the product but the company as well.
davefretty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Free or Paid Reply with quote

I suppose it depends on whether you're looking for free or paid. You can pay for web hosting and use a content management system like wordpress or drupal but that requires knowhow and money.
For a simple site you could use Google sites which is easy to use and free.
I have a simple webpage you can see http://sites.google.com/site/learnenglishioannina/ but you could expand yours to include homework assignments. You could then use Google calendar to show you timetable.
I know I am being Google centric but at least you know it's going to be around for ever and it's free and user friendly.
Hope this helps.
Chia-yu Chang

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: googlesite Reply with quote

I also recommend "Googlesite." Google "Blogger" might be another easy and free one to build up your website as long as you have a Google account. I have tried to use both of them to create a website in my course. They are both user-friendly and include some template, so it will be easy for you to get everything done.
BigTeacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: websites. Reply with quote

I've been using Classroom Booster with much success. Very easy to use and update. You should give it a look. Although I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for. It may be very different from my grade 7 class that i use it with. Does anyone know a website where i can find specific lesson plans?
ronaldi2008

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use thinkquest.org but it is not going to be used any longer this June. So I made up my mind to use blogger.com. As you can see mine is

http://52englishfreaks.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: