differences in TESOL/TEFL courses?

<b>Forum for teachers teaching TOEFL </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

nanelle

differences in TESOL/TEFL courses?

Post by nanelle » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:22 am

Hi everyone

I was wondering if someone could clarify if there is a significant difference between an online TESOL/TEFL course (www.teflcorp.com) and the Trinity TESOL course. I'm thinking about applying to teach in Russia within the next year or two, and they have the Trinity TESOL certificate as a qualification requirement. However, I'm not in an area that can access this course, so I want to see if an online course is considered the same thing. If you know or can give me any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks!

CAP'N'CHOH

gooogle

Post by CAP'N'CHOH » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:40 am

I would suggest you contact them directly and ask. I thought most places would consider either but it can depend on the course structure. I still haven't completed my cert. III TESOL in Australia but got a job when I requested the 'foundation' certificate. It wasn't 'Trinity' though.
A flexible one like mine was made up of online theory units, an in-class unit (with a trainer) and practice teaching (work placement), and took about 6 months to complete the foundation in my spare time.
My German friend did a one-month intensive cert.IV in Poland - very nice!