Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anticipated problems with modal verbs - Would you mind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> English for Specific Purposes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manny3

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Anticipated problems with modal verbs - Would you mind Reply with quote

I'm doing an assignment for school and am having trouble with anticipated problems with Would you mind answering the phone? I am also looking for solutions for anticipated problems, too. Thanks.

BTW, Thanks for everyone who responded to my other posts. It was very helpful.
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Anticipated problems with modal verbs - Would you mind Reply with quote

Manny3 wrote:
I'm doing an assignment for school and am having trouble with anticipated problems with Would you mind answering the phone? I am also looking for solutions for anticipated problems, too. Thanks.

BTW, Thanks for everyone who responded to my other posts. It was very helpful.

Think of how you would answer that question. I had a student who told me a story once, of going to a large dinner where people sat at round tables. She saw an empty chair next to a man and asked him, "Would you mind if I sat here?" and he answered, "No." So she left because she thought he didn't want her to sit there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> English for Specific Purposes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: