Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KMaD Al Marefa Excuse for a Company
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuslim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: KMaD Al Marefa Excuse for a Company Reply with quote

KMaD Al Marefa Excuse for a Co. Chart

Dr. Yasser-Nosir

Dr. Attila the Hun

Admin

Gen. Abu Sorry Gen.Mohd Ab Ass Ass. Dr. Psycho Abd Ass. Ms. Mad Cow Mia

Minions

Egypt Syria UK US NZ Cad Pak SA

Students

Comatose Lobotomized Army Navy Air Farce Civvies

Key: A den of incompetent Egyptian asps, who use intimidation, bullying, harassment and religious extremism as their management model. If you decide to come here; don't plan to stay for long. Make some cash and get out. Here, teachers are dismissed (arr rite, see u tu morrow!) and students leave after the buzzer. Go figure!

PS: The US Military 'intensive', simplistic, linear, graduated curriculum is a throwback to the Cold War era, and was meant for "highly motivated" military personnel. The fixations are SPEED, TEST PREPARATION, REPORTS, DAILY PRESENTATIONS (boring, mind numbing, useless), AND CONSTANT "OBSERVATIONS" of teachers for the most puerile complaints from the so called "students".These guys will never come close to fitting the bill. Their cells are their soothers, without which they begin wailing and whining. They are only fit to fight for leftovers at KFC and Burger King!

Mangaf: Is the shithole of the outhouse known as Kuwait, in the midst of oil refineries and oil terminals. You can smell the nauseating vapours in your "shared" dirty, filthy, sand filled, scum encrusted, slime covered flat. At work, the suffocating, acrid smell of cigarette smoke from chain smokers will choke your lungs. So much for the 1990 law banning smoking in public and workplaces! And if all this doesn't do you in, then the year-round dust storms and suffocating heat will.

This hellhole is for Egyptians, by Egyptians, only Egyptians and Wannabe Egyptians!

Last edited by Nuslim on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 15 times in total
Christian St.Bacon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Mod Kuwait, good to hear....Well done..!! Reply with quote

So, it has improved a lot...........
That's good....
Where do I sign up?

Shukran very much
Very Happy Laughing Wink
ultraman111

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Mod Kuwait, good to hear....Well done..!! Reply with quote

Christian St.Bacon wrote:
So, it has improved a lot...........
That's good....
Where do I sign up?

Shukran very much
Very Happy Laughing Wink

Christain, you crack me up ! Very Happy

I have empathy for the OP. Sounds like hell.
Nuslim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Your empathy is tainted with sarcasm. It's unnecessary and unwanted. The post is meant to highlight the plight of the people who have to suffer every day they have to be there.
middeastgirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Kuwait is not for everyone Reply with quote

Nuslim,
It's obvious that Kuwait is not your cup of tea. I worked for the MOD when I first came to Kuwait, and although it's certainly not the most ideal situation, it's hardly as bad as you make it out to be.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is apparent that Mr Nuslim is unable to cope with Middle East teaching. Notice that he has an even longer rant about his Oman ex-employer on the other board. And I know teachers there who say exactly what you have just said.

VS
Nuslim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to VS Reply with quote

Thanks for your originality and insightful analysis. Keep up the great work, and find something less stimulating to do in your retirement. Good luck!
Nuslim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to MEG Reply with quote

I wonder what you will say after you have looked at the page on FB.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Reply to VS Reply with quote

Nuslim wrote:
Thanks for your originality and insightful analysis. Keep up the great work, and find something less stimulating to do in your retirement. Good luck!

Thank you for admitting that I was spot on...

VS
Nuslim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply to VS Reply with quote

Not at all. Thank you for accepting.
globebot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: KMoD Al Marefa Reply with quote

It seems to me that the general consensus is that this place must be avoided at all costs, unless one wants to make a quick buck and get out. The present management can skin a rat alive, and milk a cow dry. US citizens married to locals get a second salary from the Kuwaiti government, so they will stay in at all costs-usually to the incoming sods.
tsmithfi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg I can see the MOD hasnt changed since I worked there. Dont ever go there !
grayskies

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: MOD Reply with quote

Nuslim is spot on, in his account (not rant) at MOD. It is exactly as he says.
Keyboard Kommando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a job offer from them. They want me to come a running, but seeing this scares the hell out of me. They offered me 700 KD a month plus 100 KD for housing. I escaped from Education Experts last year and I've seen how bad things can get. This place sounds way worse and half the money! Is the place STILL that bad?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you kidding? 700KD? (US$2500) I was paid more than that in Kuwait in 1998, granted that it wasn't MOD. It was KU, but they are certainly not a high payer.

If you have decent credentials plus some experience, you'd be better off in Oman. Pay is a bit better and it is a much better place to live and work. As I recall you have an MA (education related, but not EFL/ESL) and a few years of experience. There might even be possibilities in the UAE and Qatar.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: