Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Peru that Great of a place to live and teach?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Is Peru that Great of a place to live and teach? Reply with quote

I have taught in 13 different countries and I am toying with the idea of coming to Peru and teaching. Is Lima that great of a place to live? How safe is it? Can you get Business English classes on a Freelance basis?Ii know I want to olive in the Miraflores area. Any information or opinions would be appreciated. Don't hold back.... Tell me how you really feel.... Smile
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have you taught?
For how long?
What are your quals?
Do you care about visas becuase most institues won't get you one and will hav eyou work on a tourist visa.
Is money an issue?
What are you looking for in a country?

As for being the BEST country, everyone has a different opinion.

privates take a while to build up.
Beast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Living in Peru Reply with quote

I have been teaching since 1979 in Ecuador, Costa Rica, Panama, Chile, Ukraine, Russia, Slovakia, India, Kazakhstan, Oman, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. The days of "Let me come pay you to teach and be quaint" are long gone.
A friend who is currently there tells me when he quotes $50US an hour that corporations are not balking.
So it goes from there.
Beast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Living in Peru Reply with quote

I have been teaching since 1979 in Ecuador, Costa Rica, Panama, Chile, Ukraine, Russia, Slovakia, India, Kazakhstan, Oman, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. The days of "Let me come pay you to teach and be quaint" are long gone.
A friend who is currently there tells me when he quotes $50US an hour that corporations are not balking.
So it goes from there.
Beast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Living in Peru Reply with quote

So it goes from there.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Living in Peru Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
So it goes from there.

That's the exception rather than the rule. Most places will pay around 10 an hour.
jooooooey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lima�s cool if you like big cities and don�t mind traffic. I�m not a fan of miraflores but it�s pretty and that�s where most of the foreigners live.

You can get robbed, but just don�t be stupid. It depends on what neighborhood you�re in. I like Lima, you always see people dancing in the park and people are pretty warm. It�s its own place like any city I guess.

I would say 20 dollars an hour is the high end for pay. Freelance basis is easy but it takes a while to get set up and it�s not steady like working at a school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: