Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work Advisory, Warning for Taidong (Taitung)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristotle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject: Work Advisory, Warning for Taidong (Taitung) Reply with quote

Work Advisory, Warning for Taidong (Taitung)
SSETT Work Advisory for Taidong (Taitung), Taiwan!
The following work, living and travel advisory is in effect for Taidong (Taitung)city and county.
There have been several confirmed reports of basic human rights violations and illegal search and seizures of Foreign residents and their property by the Foreign Affairs Police in Taidong (Taitung), South Eastern Taiwan. There have also been several reports of persecution and wrongful imprisonment of Foreign Nationals in Taidong (Taitung).
We strongly advise all foreign persons to avoid this area as basic civil liberties have been suspended for non-Taiwanese nationals in the area prescribed.

Last edited by Aristotle on Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
taiwan boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle,

Could you please provide some more information about when these incidents occurred and links to any relevant news reports or other evidence. Could you also explain exactly what SSETT is and what authority it has to issue a "Work Advisory".
EOD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got my attention, so why doesn't somebody tell me what you are going on about.
wix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle,

I find it very strange that you have gone and posted this "warning" at Forumosa while you haven't bothered to respond to the questions of EOD and Taiwan Boy here. Also over at forumosa you have done little more than flame the other users that have replied to your post.

Also for those who are wondering why Aristotle uses the id "SSETT" at forumosa it is because he was banned from forumosa last year.
Sunpower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIX:

Can you tell us why Aristotle was banned?

Thks.
wix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a moderator at Forumosa, but I know it has something to do with this thread (which is remarkably similar to this new one). Perhaps you should contact the moderators at forumosa if you want an exact explanation of the reasons.
Aristotle

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was banned for "spamming" the forum with warnings about the possible dangers that exist for teachers and foreigners in Taiwan. I also told them to post any derogatory comments in the open forum instead of sending them privately. They then began spamminng and hacking some of our members email and leaving vulgar messages and threats. Basically they don't like what it is that we do, which is help foreigners and more specifically teachers who have problems here.
It was not the Travel Work advisory that got me banned though, it was when I took up the cause of migrant workers that they barred me for life. It took them 10 minutes after I posted this article, http://www.voy.com/113223/45.html
they then stopped me from posting on that site. Of course they say the timing was just a coincidence and I really am just an undesirable poster on that site. What they don't realize is that I haven't posted anything on that site since they kicked me off. We have had a spike in new members lately and I suppose one of them is taking liberties with the SSETT name. I have no problem with that, so long as they leave me out of it. I don't wish to be associated with Forumosa/Segue.com any more than they want me to be.
taiwan boy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle, whatever, but I'm still waiting for you to answer my questions posted above.
EOD

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle,
I noticed that they have replaced all of your post over at Forumosa.com. You should give it a break, there doesn't seem to be anybody interested in playing your little games. Your post may be well intended but not well received.
Aristotle

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little light reading.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2003/02/05/193427
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: