Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overseas Medical Check----Z Visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtGuy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an offer and the recruiter sent along a medical form to be filled out by a hospital or clinic but not a GP. Weird. The problem is that I'm in the good old US of A and have no medical insurance. Has anyone paid the full cost out of their pocket recently and how much was it?

I'm near San Francisco so everything costs more than anywhere else.

Thanks.

DirtGuy
GeminiTiger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think your going to pass the medical exam in China my advice to you would be, get it filled out any way you can. hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

The reason is this, your going to have to have another medical exam when you come to China. (99% chance)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GlobetrekkerESL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The process for a school to get a work permit and for us to get a Z visa is changing. I was just contacted by my new employer that I need to scan and email a completed health exam from an embassy approved doctor clinic before they can issue the work permit and invitation to send me in order for me to apply for a Z visa. The problem with this is there's not enough time to get it to be over there by October 8th, the process is unclear, there isn't an embassy approved list, it's impossible to get the results typed where typewriters are no longer used, and getting this exam in the USA is very difficult and expensive. This school didn't send me an exam form or link, but sent me an Entry/Exit Inspection Quarantine Certificate of Verification sample JPG picture with someone's picture and name on it and it's a form I can't download nor is a blank provided nor does it have entries for exam results.

I'm feeling that I might just abandon this job since China is making it confusingly difficult to enter and I'm not risking entering on an L visa with the possibility a Z visa will be rejected in Hong Kong.
lemak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlobetrekkerESL wrote:
This school didn't send me an exam form or link, but sent me an Entry/Exit Inspection Quarantine Certificate of Verification sample JPG picture with someone's picture and name on it and it's a form I can't download nor is a blank provided nor does it have entries for exam results.

Try this one.....

http://www.visahq.com/pdf/China_medical.pdf
GlobetrekkerESL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemak wrote:
GlobetrekkerESL wrote:
This school didn't send me an exam form or link, but sent me an Entry/Exit Inspection Quarantine Certificate of Verification sample JPG picture with someone's picture and name on it and it's a form I can't download nor is a blank provided nor does it have entries for exam results.

Try this one.....

http://www.visahq.com/pdf/China_medical.pdf

Thanks. I found a walk in clinic in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, but it's close to $300 and only a nurse practitioner is present to sign off on the form. It's the work permit issuing office in Sichuan province requiring the medical test scanned and emailed to my employer; not the Houston consulate. I'm unclear what a consulate approved doctor or clinic is as none of the consulates or embassy in DC mention this. All that is mentioned about a medical exam is form BG-14 is in the list of downloadable forms on the embassy site. What they don't know over there is how crazy expensive it is in America compared to the $70 full medicals you can easily get at a hospital in Korea, China, or Thailand.

It's a bummer that the local work permit issuing office over there would change the rule slightly to make it more difficult after we waited 3 weeks and I was supposed to fly in 3 week from now considering the PGA program is public school teaching and the employer is directly affiliated with the Ministry of Education to provide college prep education.
GlobetrekkerESL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told yesterday it would be too late to do a medical for Z visa and just to get a tourist visa to arrive in China on September 28th so I could do a visa run to Hong Kong on my dime during the holiday week since the Foreign Experts Office in Guangyuan city Sichuan provice won't issue a work permit without a medical. Needless to say, I won't be doing that as I can't afford it and I'd probably have more more visa problems, unaffordable expenses, or forced to a plan B. Don't go on a tourist visa!

The higher up in the US office of this program actually told me that the 2200RMB travel allowance I'd get at the end of the year would be for my Hong Kong visa run. When I mentioned that I couldn't afford this much up front, they recommended I find a way to Vancouver, fly to Beijing for $600, and take trains to Guangyuan and then use trains to go to Hong Kong and back Shocked I would had probably had all kinds of problems getting train tickets to travel during the holiday week.
DirtGuy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a cr*p job and you're better off not to take it. China seems to have jobs all year long so I'd look for something better. I don't even start my classes until October 8 after the National Holiday so I'll bet there are still schools out there looking for teachers.

DirtGuy
choudoufu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlobetrekkerESL wrote:
I was told.....on my dime......

The higher up in the US office of this program actually told me that the 2200RMB travel allowance I'd get at the end of the year would be for my Hong Kong visa run.

and they would be lying. that 2200 is a standard amount often
included in teaching contracts. it is for domestic travel, and is
given in addition to your international flight reimbursement.
Alexus22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the medical test usually required BEFORE you enter China? Or is it a case of just some employers requesting it before you enter?
DirtGuy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every school to whom I spoke said I had to get it before I entered the country. Then the first thing you do upon arrival is get another medical exam covering all the things you just had checked a couple of weeks ago. At least the school paid for it.

I don't pretend to have a clue as to how this place works.

DirtGuy
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could someone please tell me if a urine test is required or just a blood test?
Shroob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

naturegirl321 wrote:
could someone please tell me if a urine test is required or just a blood test?

When I applied for my visa no urine test was done.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea!
choudoufu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

naturegirl321 wrote:
yea!

there will be a urine test when you re-do the exam in china.
Shroob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

choudoufu wrote:
naturegirl321 wrote:
yea!

there will be a urine test when you re-do the exam in china.

I must be lucky, I've never had to do a medical test in China.

When I first arrived I asked my FAO about it and he said, 'no your documents look fine, there will be no need.' A few days later I got my RP and FEC. This year also, same employer, got my RP and FEC without any medical.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 19 of 24

Jump to: