Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American travelling to Kiyv needs Saudi Visa

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: American travelling to Kiyv needs Saudi Visa Reply with quote

Can an American tourist in Kiyv get a work visa at the Saudi embassy there?
1Sapphire1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Saudi visa in Kiev Reply with quote

Wow, I just went thru this in July. I was teaching in Ukraine and now I'm in Saudi Arabia. You can get a visa in Kiev but it is easier to do it in another country. I actually mailed my paperwork to London and got my visa there.
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you an American? Did you have a residence permit for Ukraine? Did you mail your passport to London? Isn't that illegal? My employer said I can get a business visa for Saudi as a tourist in Kyiv, but that I'd have to return to the USA for a Saudi work visa. Does it depend on the policy of the employer or the embassy?
1Sapphire1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you an American? Yes

Did you have a residence permit for Ukraine? No (This was something that I was told (by a 2nd party that helps get visas) I needed to get the visa in Kiev.

Did you mail your passport to London? Yes for about $80 there and the same back.

Isn't that illegal? I think it is for Ukrainian passports. One carrier (DHL?) would not mail my package because they saw my passport. They had a sign saying what could not be mailed and it said "Ukrainian passports" I sent to UPS and put the documents in the envelope and sealed it before giving it to them. I listed the contents as "documents". In any case, the package was opened by customs when it was returned to me but it was still delivered.

My employer said I can get a business visa for Saudi as a tourist in Kyiv, but that I'd have to return to the USA for a Saudi work visa.
I'm not sure. You may be getting a different visa than me. Who is your er? I have a 90 day, renewable visit visa.

Does it depend on the policy of the employer or the embassy? I think it is the embassy.

Just for the record, getting my visa was a nightmare because I didn't know exactly what to do.
ecocks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really should ask over in the Saudi section. Wouldn't most who were in Ukraine and left for Saudi be there?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules vary and are interpreted diffrently over time and in different Saudi Embassies, but the GENERAL rule is that to get a visa you have to be a LEGAL RESIDENT of the country in which the Embassy is located.

Saudi Govt institutions have more influence with Ministrty of Foreign Affairs than Uncle Abuali's Language Academy or the myriad scumbag contractors now in this business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Ukraine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: