Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dammam Community College
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trapezius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent my application to them on May 25, 2007.

I just heard back for the first time on March 21, 2009, asking me to come for an interview!!! Shocked

I didn't even bother responding because I thought it was silly, so they wrote again on April 29, and again on June 2, saying I should let them know if I am interested or not... how dare they?

They don't answer my email for nearly 2 years, but they are starting to get agitated because I didn't respond for a month, and then for another month? Maybe I should email them back after 2 years saying I can't attend the interview! That would be a laugh, esp if they they respond! OK, it is settled, I will email them in January 2011, 22 months after their email.
yolajeff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[one of the pluses of KFUPM is the location. The campus where staff live is large and provides opportunities for walking, running or cycling. By contrast the compound where DCC faculty live is miniscule. ]

I have a position at KFUPM starting this Fall and have been wondering about bring my own bicycle to ride around the campus. Can you get a good workout (20-30KM) by riding around the campus? I have read elsewhere that riding on regular roads is tantamount to suicide.
Jeff[/quote]
yolajeff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[one of the pluses of KFUPM is the location. The campus where staff live is large and provides opportunities for walking, running or cycling. By contrast the compound where DCC faculty live is miniscule. ]

I have a position at KFUPM starting this Fall and have been wondering about bring my own bicycle to ride around the campus. Can you get a good workout (20-30KM) by riding around the campus? I have read elsewhere that riding on regular roads is tantamount to suicide.
Jeff
Asda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I hear, the KFUPM campus is COLOSSAL!!!! And a 20-30km cycle ride will probably give you more than just a good workout. At daytime, probably heat stroke and dehydration maybe? At night, maybe not so much of the heat stroke. Though wintertime does give rise to the ole mosquitoes...
The White Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Down the Rabbit Hole Reply with quote

Hello all...I'm the White Rabbit...and I should be able to help with DCC and KFUPM related topics.

Funny you should mention where the DCC Faculty live....that's about to change...currently there are 2 compounds in use in the Al-Khobar area...after the summer...it looks like alot of DCC Faculty will be relocating to the KFUPM campus. So...those of you afraid of their "reverts" should take heed....but seriously....it is Saudi Arabia....isn't it? Is it really so surprising that such people would want to work in Saudi....and seeing how KFUPM and DCC jobs are some of the best to be found...who could blame anyone for taking them. The current compound housing was negotiated under very different circumstances....alot of things were going "boom"...and "bang"...at the time....so...DCC/KFUPM got the compounds at seriously reduced prices.....well...now things have changed...this level of housing is simply not available at those prices anymore. Time for DCC Faculty to have an equal chance at heat exhaustion! By the way....very embarrassing that business of someone responding to the applicant....2 years after the fact...

One of the great things about working at DCC or on the main KFUPM campus is...job security....you get a 2 year contract...which basically "rolls over"...automatically...if a person is tired of renegotiating every year or two...it's great to know that a KFUPM job....can basically be a job for life. Yes...you can get better pay at other places..especially military jobs...or jobs far away from the cities...but for long-term security for those who are in it for the long haul...it's hard to find a better job.
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whose moving to the campus, single or married people, and where to?
The White Rabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Housing Happenings Reply with quote

DCC has had two distinct groups of teachers living in two separate locations. One location had 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments(singles and a couple of small families). The other location has larger apartments for larger families. The last info available was that those in the smaller apartments would be moving to KFUPM. (Where? I have no idea. They just hope it's not the apartments that have just been vacated for the new housing. Smile )
However that seems to be in a state of flux as some of those with larger families are pushing for campus life as well.
polkadot3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Working at DCC in Dharan Reply with quote

Hi there

My hubby and I are considering accepting a post with DCC and would like some info from teachers currently working for the company.

Any info will help in helping us make a decision, good and bad.. hopefully more of the former and less of the latter.

I would especially like to know about housing, the curriculum taught, the level of the students and whether or not staff of DCC have access to recreational facilities such as swimming pools and health clubs.

Much appreciated
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Company ? It is a community college, constituted as part of KFUPM, and run by the Ministry of Higher Education. Miles better than any of those dodgy jobs with contractors etc.
polkadot3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

Wink
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And STILL one of the better employers in KSA !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: