Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching around the world with just a TEFL certificate?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaneInSpace wrote:
Tell me if I'm wrong, nomad, but I sense a bit of an attitude against me in your posts. You always seem angry or displeased with me. You used to be my age too, you didn't have a clue about esl either, so you don't need to be so distasteful with me. I'm just innocently asking questions to further my career abroad, while others my age are playing Xbox and working at burger king.

and wrote:
As for jp...nomad always seems displeased in his post. He's usually doubting me, giving me negative inspiration, or downright telling me off (welcome to the real world). Welcome to the real world? All I did was ask an innocent question.

It's as if he didn't like me from the second I first posted.

Then, he was telling me to maybe not pursue this career. Thanks for the inspiration, nomad, I hope you enjoy stepping on people's dreams.

(Sigh)

Yes, you're way off about me, ShaneInSpace. (I'm female, BTW.) I hold no malice or ill intent toward you---never did and have no reason to. In fact, I was contently drinking a cup of decaf Earl Grey, savoring a hazelnut cookie, and listening to the wind rustling the palm tree leaves outside my window when I made that last post. I certainly wasn't giving you "negative inspiration," as you put it, nor angrily stepping on your dreams and telling you to pursue some other career.

If you read any of my posts throughout these forums, you'll see I try to be helpful, as do many others here who offer their advice. Sometimes that includes a dose of reality, but it's never delivered with a even a hint of maliciousness or ill will to those seeking guidance.

Anyway, this is my final contribution to this thread.

"Either you deal with what is the reality, or you can be sure that the reality is going to deal with you." ~ Alex Haley, American novelist (1921 - 1992)
santi84

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane (and the following is NOT sarcasm), Burger King is actually a better employer than many of the employers that will hire a kid right out of high school with no real qualifications. Burger King will pay you on time, give you breaks, and if you get an unhappy customer, your manager will deal with the problem. You are looking at (most likely) illegal work, bottom of the barrel jobs, terrible hours, and getting fired if you don't pass the grade right away (forget proper training or a means of negotiating complaints).

If you really want to teach, get an education and avoid ^^.
Nuolan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP, have you considered studying abroad? You might be able to ease your travel itch and experience life in another country before considering if work abroad is right for you. There are most likely plenty of international universities with relative programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: