Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rent prices in Romania
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bebsi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Smile
SITW99

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Rent prices in Romania Reply with quote

I can only give the rent prices for Bucharest at the moment.

Rent prices are going up 20 to 25% a year these days, fuelled by substantial average salary increases and a property boom which has seen property values go up at around 60% a year. At present, you'll pay around 600 euros a month for a one bedroom flat in a reasonable area, 500 euros for a bedsit. Bear in mind that bills are high in Romania, you'll pay 50 to 100 euros a month in winter, as gas prices are very high and expected to rise further, and 20 to 40 euros a month in the summer.

Bucharest and the other major cities are taking off in a big way economically, make sure your school offers enough to live on. I work for an international school rather than an EFL school, as the EFL schools do not pay enough to live on comfortably at this time. On a salary of around �1500 a month, I earn just about enough to pay the bills, eat out a couple of times a month and save a hundred pounds a month or so. While going out is cheaper than in the UK, grocery prices are, if anything, higher. For example: �1.20 for a litre of milk, �1.50 for a litre of fruit juice.

Do not fall into the trap of thinking that Romania is a cheap place to live! I know several EFL teachers who have ended up in debt after coming here, despite working for worldwide-renowned English teaching organisations. IMHO, At least �1200 a month is needed to break even in Bucharest, �1000 a month in other cities.
troglodyte

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by troglodyte on Sat May 04, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
PsuDadd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Update for 2013? Reply with quote

Last post for rent prices was a long time ago. Can anyone update this info on rent prices? Especially outside of Buch. Razz
piscinepremium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope i can be of some use. I am curently living in Bucharest and i pay rent 200 Eur for a pretty nice 2 rooms appartment. Most 2 rooms appartments can be rented with 250-300. When i rented mine it was renovated and it had no furniture at all, so thats why i got it for 200.
Let me say that the 2 rooms appartments are the most wanted ones becouse of the lower maintenace costs ( heating, gas, water etc) especially in winter. You can get a 3 room appartment for 300-350 and a 4 rooms appartment for 300-400 eur.
Other cityes in Romania have less expensive rent. Timisoara and Cluj are allmost like Bucharest ( a lil bit less expensive) . Ofcorse it all depends of the city's area
PsuDadd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Rent prices in Romania Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks,very helpful. How did you find the place? In the past i have found it best to have a Romanian national help me because when they learn I am American the price goes way up.
Mike_2007

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you contact places listed online on real estate sites, then the rental price is usually listed so they can't really up the price.

Try sites like tocmai.ro, mercador.ro, and imobiliare.ro

It'll also give you a good idea of the going rates for particular neighbourhoods. Anyway, if you don't speak Romanian, you'll probably need a local to call for you but at least you can get a list together for them in advance.
Iosif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucharest : Depending on what you need and on the location you prefer, a small 1 bedroom flat(28-32 square meters),is between 200 and 350 euros/month. 2 bedrooms(45-55 square meters) from 300 to 450,again depends on the location and the comfort,if you want something modern towards the town center you need to pay at least 400.

Cluj-Napoca : 1 bedroom flat, from 150 to 250, 2 bedrooms from 200 to 350,these all depend on how close it is to the center or town and how modern it is,some barely have a fridge and a bed,others are ultra modern,equipped with whatever your heart might desire.

Brasov : Pretty much the same as Cluj-Napoca,maybe a bit cheaper.

Baia-Mare : 1 room about 100 euros,2 rooms 150-200 euros.

In all cities you can find some cheaper accommodations,but I would not recommend them,you might make an economy of about 20-30 euros/month but I do not think you would like to live in those areas.

You can find more expensive places as well,if you want, you can get some ultra modern ultra luxurious apartments in the center of Bucharest for 800-1000 euros,from 80 to 120 m2,with private swimming pool,jacuzzi and what not.

As others mentioned,there are newspapers,online pages you can check.

If you have let us say 700 euros/month in a city like Cluj-Napoca,you can get by without any issues,even visit places and party every weekend if you so wish. Life isn't cheap,but it isn't that expensive either. 150-200 for rent in a good area for a 1 bedroom flat,expenses as in gas+electricity+internet,in warmer months it's about 80 euros,in winter months the gas bill is expensive so about 150/month. And the rest for food and whatever else should be enough,it pretty much depends on what you spend your money on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Romania All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: