Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is a PESEL necessary to sign up for ZUS?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oipivo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Is a PESEL necessary to sign up for ZUS? Reply with quote

Hey guys, American here. I just signed the papers for my ZUS and they said that I have to update my account with a PESEL whenever I get one. Is it necessary? I was under the impression that it isn't needed for Americans.

Thanks!
ecocks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ZUS without a PESEL.

Mine is through my company (firma that I set up) and nothing has been said about a PESEL being necessary. However, when you get your residency card it will have a PESEL which they would presumably like to have..

The American teacher in front of me at the table (also has a Polish passport) has a PESEL and the American teacher (here 5 years) on my left with a residency card has a PESEL on his card but his ZUS is through the company he works for so maybe they updated his ZUS account. Assuming I get it my accountant will do it if it needs to be done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
scottie1113

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ecocks"]I have ZUS without a PESEL.

the American teacher (here 5 years) on my left with a residency card has a PESEL on his card but his ZUS is through the company he works for so maybe they updated his ZUS account.

I'm the guy he's talking about. I don't have a ZUS account. I have private medical insurance in lieu of it.
ecocks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="scottie1113"]
ecocks wrote:
I have ZUS without a PESEL.

the American teacher (here 5 years) on my left with a residency card has a PESEL on his card but his ZUS is through the company he works for so maybe they updated his ZUS account.

I'm the guy he's talking about. I don't have a ZUS account. I have private medical insurance in lieu of it.

Sorry bud I knew you had private insurance but was thinking about pension components and thought you had a ZUS account as part of employment. My bad. I was over-focused on who gets a PESEL and how so shuldn't have thrown that out like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
oipivo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I attempted to sign up at the ZUS office today and they said I had to have a PESEL in order to get ZUS. They let me sign up anyway with my passport, so I guess I just update the information later? They said the laws changed or something and all Americans need one now. I have no idea if it's true or not.
ecocks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my ZUS report in my hand and only my NIP on it.

I do have a REGON number which may affect something somehow.

Last edited by ecocks on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Master Shake

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oipivo wrote:
Thanks guys. I attempted to sign up at the ZUS office today and they said I had to have a PESEL in order to get ZUS. They let me sign up anyway with my passport, so I guess I just update the information later? They said the laws changed or something and all Americans need one now. I have no idea if it's true or not.

A PESEL is a piece of cake to get. Just go to your local council offices and they'll give you one when you register at your address (zameldowanie). It takes 10 min, tops.
oipivo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mastershake, I'll just go get one tomorrow.

ecocks- I think the office in Poznan is just being fussy. I have a NIP and REGON as well, but they still want the PESEL. Oh well. One more thing.
the_roads_of_poland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottie1113 wrote:

But how? Do you pay ZUS? What's a "ZUS account", you mean a ksiazka zdrowotna? What private medical insurance, from who? How do you get paid, umowa o something or your own company?
ecocks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oipivo wrote:
Cheers mastershake, I'll just go get one tomorrow.

ecocks- I think the office in Poznan is just being fussy. I have a NIP and REGON as well, but they still want the PESEL. Oh well. One more thing.

I don't think we asked for PESOL at the office where we registered the address. That was City Hall so it never occurred to me they might be able to issue it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: