Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ASEAN scholarship for international students

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Singapore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sokunen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: ASEAN scholarship for international students Reply with quote

I've been on a near-fruitless search trying to find information about the ASEAN scholarship for studying in Singapore. I'm currently working as a teacher in Vietnam, and just got a few girls under me for private tutoring so they can prepare for the test in 7 weeks. I know they need to work on their English (the main thing for them), and also that the test covers aptitude and math. I'm not a math teacher, so I'm only giving them the English terms for that portion, but aside from that.. I wish I could find some practice tests or some sort of study book or curriculum a la the SAT for them. Like most everything in Vietnam, the educational system here is really disorganized, so there's little prep or knowledge for what students need to study for this somewhat obscure scholarship.

Does anyone have any resources or pointers that could help me narrow my focus on what to prepare these girls for? I'm already doing assessment tests to see how advanced their comprehension and writing are (they're good listeners and speakers), and frantically going through my other books/materials to see what I can help improve upon. I just wish I had more to offer them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Singapore All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: