Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for a school in the 6th of October and surroundings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doaa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: looking for a school in the 6th of October and surroundings Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have been through all the information in this website, but unfortunately I couldn't make up my mind based on them. I'd appreciate your help in giving me more info about the schools in 6th of October and the surrounding areas.

Actually I am not a teacher, I am a mother of a 6.5 year old boy, he is in Year 2 ( British system) at CES ( Cairo English School), I'd appreciate your feedback about his school as well, in case I couldn't find a suitable school , so our other option that we sell this flat and move to a new one near CES, so what I am asking does CES worth?

The problem is that we moved from Heliopolis area Sad to Hadayek Al Ahram area ( The pyramids area), as some of you may not know the CES school is on the Suez road (east of Cairo) and now we live on the the other side ( west of cairo), my son has been traveling all the ring road twice a day to and from school for about 10 months now.
I want to move him to a much nearer school that would be a good one, I know that every one is not satisfied with his/her school , I always hear complaints and never heard some one praise his/her school.
so, I would a appreciate a pros and cons

BISC is the best school in the area but actually out of budget ( double of what we pay), so what I am looking for is at least a school the same as CES but in this part of town, so any recommendations?

I paid a visit last week to Heritage Canadian school ( 6 of October) , would appreciate any feedback on it too, although, I'd prefer him to continue on the British system.

so sorry for the long explanation, but actually I am in a hurry as on February I pay the re-enrollment fees of � 250. so I have to apply, assess and be accepted before that date, as I would be paying a registration fees in the new school plus the fees.

Thank you so much, any recommendations and suggestions are really appreciated.

Anyone would like to know and ask about CES from a parent's point of view, you're welcome. Smile
Bri'ish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear good things about CES. Why not move to New Cairo?
Yosra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Misr Language School Reply with quote

Many children from to Hadayek Al Ahram go to Misr Language School. I'm surprised no one mentioned it. I think it's actually the closest school to that first gate. There are three schools: French, National and American to choose from. Why not visit the administrative offices and see what you think.
SOBELLE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read your post, I am not sure if you've already applied or not. One school I will highly recommend is El Alsson school in Saqqara Rd., Haraniya, Giza. They have both system American and British. I worked as a teacher in the American section, and my daughter attended the school as well. It' s a well run school. The owner is a British former teacher himself who understands the value of education.
cseeley24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not try BSE (British School Egypt)? They are British, less fees-always offering incentives as they are newish. Not a bad school army friends children are there-they are all teachers in other schools but like BSE.
Alsson is also great. Misr Language School not so great. I've had lessons for there and I know the owners- not very high standards compared to CES.
Good Luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: