Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interview at WSI. Imput, Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feathers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Interview at WSI. Imput, Please Reply with quote

Hi there,

My husband and I are a teaching couple. We both have an upcoming interview at WSI, Jakarta this week. I've been surveying comments on salaries and Wall Street salaries, and I would also appreciate your feedback. WSI pays a minimum of 15 million, but they state that they pay more depending upon experience. We would like to know what you think we might be able to ask for in terms of salary. We have a good range of experience and credentials. I know we could try for other kinds of schools, but I'll say in advance that for various reasons, we just really like WSI and would like to be there. Also, usually schools like teaching couples so I hope this is considered a plus. So,

My Husband:
* Masters in TESOL from a reputable Australian uni
* CELTA
* Licenced to teach high school in Australia
* Graduate Diploma in Education
* Bachelor in Asian Studies and Business
* Diploma in Indonesian Language (He is an Indo Language Teacher)
* Registered NATI for Indonesian Language (which means he can be a translator)
* Speaks, reads, writes Indonesian fluently
* Native English speaker, born in Australia
* Lived in Indonesia for 3 years (before becoming a teacher)
* Has taught English Language in S. Korea, Australia, and China for about 8 years
* Has 5-6 years previous experience teaching adults (which is the same as WSI
* Last job - teaching EFL at a Chinese university

Me:
* 2 year Diploma in TESOL (Canada)
* Licenced to teach high school in Canada and in Australia
* Professional Teacher's Certificate (High School Teacher Training at University - 1 year)
* Bachelor of Arts, English Literature and Humanities
* Have taught for over 20 years (high school and ESL/EFL)
* Have taught EFL/ESL in Canada, S.Korea, Australia, China for 6+ years to both adults and high school students
* Last job - teaching EFL at a Chinese university

We would be situated in Jakarta, so obviously the cost of living and rent would be a factor.

We appreciate any feedback that you might give on a reasonable salary that we could ask for, in the range of what you think WSI might be able to offer. Our interviews are this week. The salary question will come up, and we don't want to price ourselves too high or too low, so your imput would really help us. I hope that you post back.

Thanks,

Feathers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: