Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is a decent, living wage in Ukraine?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archie Rice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: What is a decent, living wage in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Not necessarily the average Ukrainian salary, but what sort of figure would be enough to rent a decent room or one bedroom flat in a reasonable area, and have enough to get by, go for drinks and generally not have to scrimp on?
1Sapphire1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot for $1,000. Many things are cheap compared to western Europe. Drinks are cheap if you don't go to a night club, my studio apt is about $300.
Cardinal Synn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ukraine's prices and cost of living varies depending on location. In Kyiv, you will pay a lot more than $300 for an apartment, unless it's in the sticks and of poor standard. A decent flat will set you back $700 or more. So, it's best to get a job that covers accommodation.
A bare minimum would be a salary of $1000 + apartment. However, I wouldn't want to survive on that.
Of course, you can come here and live like a pauper, but what's the point? This place is fun if you have cash.
LAR1SSA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What is a decent, living wage in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Archie Rice wrote:
Not necessarily the average Ukrainian salary, but what sort of figure would be enough to rent a decent room or one bedroom flat in a reasonable area, and have enough to get by, go for drinks and generally not have to scrimp on?

1,000$ should be good if you shoot for a roommate. I paid 260$ for my apartment and had a salary of around 1,000 base with some bonuses. I also worked corporate hours once a week and had 1 or 2 privates for 100uah and hour (12$). With that I had about 1,300 or so and had PLENTY of money to travel all over Eastern Europe every couple of months and I came home with some money.

Also a good apartment doesn't cost 700$! Maybe if you live in the city center, but if you go just outside (metro ride only cost like 30 cents and it would take you 10 min or less to get the city center) you can get a single apartment for 350-400. The average Ukrainian lives on much less.. but also doesn't usually pay rent since the government gave the apartments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Ukraine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: