Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overseas Medical Check----Z Visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davelister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueBlood,

If your employer-to-be says you need the BG-14 form, as a requirement for your work permit, then I'd say yes, you'll need to get it done. If your employer-to-be doesn't mention it, then you'll most probably not need it. The rules/requirements vary from place to place. Having done the EKG/ECG and chest x-rays, they should save you having to pay for them (again), if you need to do the BG-14.

Cheers.
choudoufu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueBlood wrote:
Dave, I'll be applying from within the U.S. Will I need to include this form?

Sadly for me, I'll be without health insurance for the first time in over 19 years within days. I hope I can get this done at reasonable expense. I've recently had EKG and chest x-rays, so those hopefully will "count."

Cheers

'most' provincial foreign expert bureaus require the health check before
issuing a work permit. some do not. your FAO will tell you.

but even if you manage to get the work permit without it, 'most'
embassies/consulates require submission of the health form when
applying for the z-visa. some do not. contact the embassy.

OR.....go through a visa agent. you can apply at any of the consulates in
the us. an agent should know which consulates, if any, do not require
the health check.

take your recent ekg/x-rays to the hospital when you go for the exam.
if the doc there accepts them, then they 'count.'
BlueBlood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave and cdf, very helpful info. Thanks!
NP1970

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this info, it has been super useful.
Stomper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any failures for Heart Arrythmias (irregular heartbeart).
After my last time in China I seem to have acquired one.

UK cadiologist says its ok and take more exercise, stop smoking etc...all good advice. No treatment needed..

But it will show up on a ECG.

I have done the health check for RP before, but didn't have this heartbeat issue before.

Is it really just a case of no HIV and can stand up = pass
Spelunker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: mine did that last time.. Reply with quote

But i still passed the test. It probably didn't help my blood pressure was up after the bloody needle stick for the blood test, the girl taking my blood pressure said that. I don't think that's a part to be getting worried about, cheers.

On this note, if you have the medical stuff, can Z's be issued in HK?
fpshangzhou

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm preparing to do my very first Hong Kong run for my RP renewal for my new school. They told me I need to pay for the medical exam in Shanghai. Does anyone know the cost and how many days it takes to get the results in order to arrange my flight itinerary for HK run?

Cheers,

Aaron
The Voice Of Reason

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by The Voice Of Reason on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
thebroformerlyknownaschou

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fpshangzhou wrote:
I'm preparing to do my very first Hong Kong run for my RP renewal for my new school.

rp renewal? in hong kong?

rp's are renewed in whichever province you're based.

do you actually have a residence permit in your passport?

and what sort of visa do you have?
fpshangzhou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,
I know it sounds dodgy that I have to get visa and medical check through Shanghai, but with little feedback from the fao for reasons they won't disclose to me, other than "all foreigners who work for us, regardless of branch, must get work permit and medical check through Shanghai since the hq is there." Anyhow, I'm trying to budget for this last minute situation and would like to know from anyone who has gotten a medical physical in Shanghai International Travel Healthcare Center. I need the cost of the medical and the cost for them to ship it to employer in Shanghai.

UPDATE:
For all of you preparing to do a Hong Kong run, it is still possible and quite easy process. I took the medical exam in Shanghai (around 640rmb) and visa in HK (1100rmb/w express service).
According to some blogs I read, Hong Kong requires the "Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit" state Hong Kong on the document as the place where you'll be doing your visa.
As others have questioned, I would like to confirm HK does offer express service and the Letter of invite from gov't that I mentioned before, does have to state Hong Kong as the place you'll be getting your visa.

Cheers,

Aaron
ajmci

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what the latest situation for getting these medical examinations done overseas is?

I've been sent a "Physical Examination Record for Foreigner" document by a prospective employer and took it along to my GP; receptionist said they could complete some but not all (Chest X-ray, ECG) sections.

I'm in Edinburgh at the moment so I'll email the Chinese consulate here but it sound a lot easier to get it all done in China!

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Alien abductee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get the whole medical as per that form done and take it with you when you apply for the visa. Your employer will likely take you to a local hospital with other teachers to have a medical done after you arrive in China, after which you'll get sorted out for your residence permit. Doing two medicals is pointless but it seems to be what some people are being asked to go through. Emailing or phoning the consulate, not sure if you'll ever get a reply (have a try though), but if the consulate is in the same city you'd be better off going in person to ask.
ajmci

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Alien abductee"]Just get the whole medical as per that form done and take it with you when you apply for the visa.

Yeah, I would but how?? The form wants chest X-ray report, ECG and lab test report for AIDS, Syphilis etc! My GP can't do all that and getting referred would take months

Has anyone managed to get such a medical report completed in the UK?
MuscatGary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ajmci"]
Alien abductee wrote:
Just get the whole medical as per that form done and take it with you when you apply for the visa.

Yeah, I would but how?? The form wants chest X-ray report, ECG and lab test report for AIDS, Syphilis etc! My GP can't do all that and getting referred would take months

You need to go to a travel clinic. Not cheap in the UK. I'm from the UK but had all of that done in Spain for less than 200 euros at a private clinic. It took a couple of days. Maybe worth a quick holiday?
Alien abductee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajmci wrote:

All those things are part of the medical here in China. Some people who've had to do the medical for the visa have paid out of pocket and others had insurance that covered it. Your best bet is to find out from the consulate if the medical form is necessary for the visa (it might or might not be, inconsistency is common) and if it is get it done somehow. I used a travel clinic in the past but that was mostly for shots and it was ages ago (no medical needed for visa back then).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: