Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stamford University?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Nunn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Stamford University? Reply with quote

I have an interview lined up with Stamford University, Bangkok. If anybody who has recently worked there could let me have the benefit of their experience, I would appreciate it. I’d like to know the usual things: Can they be trusted to fulfil the contract? Is it a good teaching environment? Are the teaching facilities and resources up to scratch? I would be grateful for any information as I haven’t been able to find anything on this or other forums. Thanks in advance.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Nice place to work, a variety of international students...yes they are a decent employer in BKK. Expect a long term contract. Good luck! Smile
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stamford nice play on words. Laughing
Solar Strength

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Nunn,

Were you successful in finding out more information about this university? It seems like it's a new school. I'd like to know more about it also.

Salary?
Accommodations?
Hours per-week?
D. Merit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solar Strength wrote:
It seems like it's a new school.

It's a university, not a school, and it first opened its doors eighteen years ago.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=stamford+university+thailand
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stamford International College or as it is now known university opened its doors in 1992...it still is a great place to work....good salary and long term job security are to be offered to the right candidates. Students are mostly from Asia....China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea etc and are highly motivated to learn. You will find that the staff and faculty are very helpful and there is a high need for English language instructors to teach there. Good luck! Smile
champ

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFL Educator wrote:
Stamford International College or as it is now known university opened its doors in 1992...it still is a great place to work....good salary and long term job security are to be offered to the right candidates. Students are mostly from Asia....China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea etc and are highly motivated to learn. You will find that the staff and faculty are very helpful and there is a high need for English language instructors to teach there. Good luck! Smile

Could you please tell me how much is the salary? Read it somewhere that they offer accommodation during the initial period of your employment.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I can recall salary is around Baths 60,000 for full time EFL teachers..not sure if they still hire part timers due to Thai visa issues. Good luck! Smile
danmbob

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update?

Last edited by danmbob on Sat May 06, 2017 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ttxor1

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject: Stamford Uni Reply with quote

as EFL Educator noted above, the top scale is 60,000BHT. 16-18 weekly contact hours, with "the possibility of some weekend work." Admin stuff and other duties (committees, workshops, etc) are also to be expected. A basic health care package is also included, I believe. They offered one month of housing for international applicants as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: