Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Documents

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirius black

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Documents Reply with quote

With regards to verification of documents what is the standard practice for degrees? Do I need an apostille or will they verify it themselves?
Will I need a crimincal background check (I'm American) and if so, will I need it apostilled?
If I have an international driver's license, can I buy a motorcycle or car and drive legally?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an offer, your employer will inform you of what documentation they require.

The various countries of the Gulf will provide a driving license with an application, papers from your employer, some money, in exchange for your US license. (they won't take it from you, but you must have it in hand... and it must be current... and not about to expire soon). An international license is only accepted until you have your legal work visa/labor card/iqama in hand. (Ie for the first month or so)

VS
sirius black

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. I'll re-phrase my question. Is it the norm that apostilled degrees are requested? Does the immigration office or whatever body verify the degrees or the school? I am about to apply and want to avoid the time and expense of getting apostilled but willing to do so if its required by most places.

In Korea they require apostilles, in China the prospective employee pays for an online verification software so no apostille is needed.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It varies by country and employer in the Gulf. It isn't really a question that can be answered by us... and it often changes. Just apply and see if anyone makes an offer. Then worry about the paperwork based on what they require...

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Bahrain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: