Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picking my visa up from Indonesian embassy,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newtefl168

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Picking my visa up from Indonesian embassy, Reply with quote

Hi I will picking up my working visa* some time next week from the Indonesian embassy and just wondered what the process is and what i need to take with me if anything more than my passport?
chezal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you are not wearing shorts otherwise they will not let you in.

You will need the cost of the visa (make sure you keep the receipt so you can claim it back). You will have to fill in the visa application form for which you will need 2 passport photo's with a red background. You will also need your flight tickets though they aren't so worried about the return flight as it is a working visa. I just explained that my school provides a flight home at the end of the contract. I also showed my contract and letter of invitation from my school when going for the visa in London.

Your school should have sent the visa request form to the embassy already which they will need to find. It is usually faxed.

Not sure if I've missed something......
jaybet3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Working Visa Reply with quote

newtefl168,

You didn't say where you were picking up your work visa, but in my experience most often I went to Singapore.

Remember, this is a process that can be screwed up in so many ways, so check everything twice.

Bring all your documentation (copies are helpful) and check your visa to make sure it is correct. Did you get a copy of the telex/fax from Jakarta? Make sure it states place of issue for the country you are picking it up from. I had a co-worker go all the way to Singapore and no one checked the telex which said the country of issue was Germany. So, of course he didn't get his visa and had to do the process all over again.

Also, if you plan on traveling outside Indonesia while holding a working permit (KITAS), be aware that most companies issue a single entry permit which means if you leave the country the working permit is cancelled. If you want a multiple re-entry permit, which means you can travel outside Indonesia anytime you want, you will likely have to pay for that yourself. The price for that can be over USD 100.

Good luck
newtefl168

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: picking up my visa Reply with quote

Hi I'm picking my visa up from London, do i need to book my flight first?
and yes i have checked the fax that was sent to the embassy and it states that london is the place of issue,
I dont have the invitation letter just a pdf copy of the fax which was sent, do i need to take copy of degree's and stuff?
thanks

EDIT: Finally got through to the visa department on the phone, and i must say that they was very helpful, polite & answered all my questions, i just need to send filled out application form, 2 passport photo's, and a copy of the fax from Jakarta immigration, i asked about confirmation of flights as i didnt want to book the flight until i had the passport back, just in case it got delayed in the post and i was told that as long as i give them a rough idea of when i will be leaving that would be fine and it all can be done by post!!! woop woop !!!
chezal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok re London. The embassy don't take cash you need to get a post office order/money order what ever it is called. There is a post office just down the road from the embassy you can also get the passport pics done downstairs from the post office with the red background.

Unless you plan on going back to London to pick up your visa on another day you will need to get a Pre-paid special delivery envelop from the post office as well.
newtefl168

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: